It is possible that some of your daily habits are actually causing damage to your teeth. If you find yourself doing any of the below, contact us for a general dentistry appointment in Grand Blanc right away so we can assess and correct the situation.
- Chewing On Ice
- It is natural and sugar free, so you might think it is harmless. However, chewing on hard, frozen cubes can chip and even crack your teeth. If your mindless chomping irritates the soft tissue inside the tooth, regular headaches may follow.
- Tongue Piercings
- Although they may be trendy, biting down on the metal stud can crack a tooth. Lip piercings pose a similar risk. Piercings raise the risk of infections and sores and when metal rubs against the gums, it can cause gum damage and may lead to tooth loss.
- Grinding Teeth
- Teeth grinding or bruxism, can wear teeth down over time. It is most often caused by stress and sleeping habits. This makes it hard to control. Avoiding hard foods during the day can reduce pain and damage from this habit.
- Cough Drops
- Most are loaded with sugar. So after soothing your throat, be sure to brush well.
- Gummy Candy
- All sugary treats that promote tooth decay, but some candies are worse than others. Gummy candy sticks in teeth, keeping the sugar present for longer periods of time.
- Sodas can have up to eleven teaspoons of sugar per serving. Soda also contains phosphoric and citric acids that eat away at tooth enamel.
Come visit our top notch dentist office and knowledgeable staff for all of your general dentistry needs. We will keep you smiling year round.